Inorganic functional materialsIon-trapping Agent IXEPLAS®
IXEPLAS is an even higher-performance version of IXE®, our ion-trapping agent with superior ion-trapping capacity and heat resistance properties. In addition to increasing the reliability of sealing materials, it can also be used for advanced semiconductor packages which have been incompatible until now.
- Its primary particle size is sub-micron, and it can be used for underfill materials, narrow pitch sealants, and more.
- The fine particle size means that small quantities of the additive are highly effective.
- Has a copper and silver ion-trapping effect, making it ideal for copper bonding wire, sealing silver wiring, and more.
- Shows ion-trapping capability at a broad pH range because it is a dual ion exchanger.
- With minimal impurities, it has almost no negative effects on sealing materials.
- Contains no substances subject to the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive.
Mechanism of IXE®/IXEPLAS
Comparison between IXEPLAS and IXE®
- IXEPLAS' fine particle size makes it effective with smaller quantities of additive.
Conventional IXE® (1 to 2 μm)
It captures some, but not all, free Cl- ions.
IXEPLAS (0.2 to 0.5 μm)
With even a small amount of additive, free Cl- ions are reliably captured.
- IC sealing material (EMC, liquid sealing material, underfill material, and die bonding)
- FPC Adhesives
- Solar battery materials and components (back sheet, sealing resin)
- Resist inks
- Conductive pastes, etc.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Example: Heat resistance, flexibility, luster, etc.