- Momosuke Fukuzawa
- Aerial shot of Yahagi Kogyo
Momosuke Fukuzawa established Yahagi Kogyo Co., Ltd., the predecessor of Toagosei, in Nagoya.
The second Yahagi Kogyo Co., Ltd. was founded.
Yahagi Kogyo Co., Ltd merged with Showa Soda Co., Ltd., Hokkai Soda Co., Ltd. and Rayon Soda Co., Ltd. to form "Toagosei Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.", resulting in the establishment of Toagosei.
- The all new Tokushima Plant at the time
The company opened a new plant in Tokushima (Tokushima Plant) to produce caustic soda and organic solvents.
- The acrylic ester plant after expansion
The company successfully commercialized Japan’s first acrylic ester production line plant.
- The first Aron Alpha® at launch
- One of the many Aron Alpha® PR activities held across Japan
The company commenced manufacturing of the instant glue Aron Alpha®.
- The first Aron Alpha® for consumers at launch
The company launched sales of Aron Alpha® for consumers.
- The company completed work on an acrylic ester plant that uses propylene at its Nagoya Plant.
- Affiliate Toajushi Kogyo Co., Ltd. merged with Teraoka Seisakusho to form Aron Kasei Co., Ltd.
- Aerial view of Oita Chemical when it was first established
Oita Chemical Co., Ltd. was established in Oita Prefecture to produce acrylic acid.
- Caustic soda plant using ion exchange membrane method
The Nagoya Plant changed its caustic soda production method from the mercury method to the ion exchange membrane method.
The Tokushima Plant changed its caustic soda production method from the membrane method to the ion exchange membrane method.
Toagosei America Inc. was established.
- The Tsukuba Research Laboratory (currently the Institute for Advanced Sciences) opened.
The company opened the Tsukuba Research Laboratory (currently the Institute for Advanced Sciences) to develop new technologies and products.
Toagosei Hong Kong Ltd. was established to market Aron Alpha® in Hong Kong.
- The company established its first overseas plant in the United States.
- The company was renamed Toagosei Ltd. to commemorate its 50th anniversary.
- The company completed construction on its first overseas plant in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio in the United States.
Toagosei (Zhuhai) Ltd. was established in China as a plant for filling and packaging Aron Alpha®.
- Acrylic ester production facilities were installed at Toagosei Singapore Pte Ltd.
The company completed work in Singapore on production facilities for acrylic acid and acrylic ester acid and commences production.
Toa-Jet Chemical Co., Ltd. and Taiwan Toagosei Co., Ltd. were established to manufacture and market UV-Curable Resin (ARONIX) in Taiwan.
TOA-DIC Zhangjiagang Chemical Co., Ltd. was established in Zhangjiagang to manufacture and market UV-Curable Resin.
The company spun off its polymer flocculant business and establishes MT AquaPolymer Inc.
- General Center of Research and Development (General Center of R&D)
- The company opened the General Center of Research and Development (General Center of R&D).
- Aron Kasei Co., Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary.
- Electrolysis machine using the gas diffusion electrode method that reduces electricity consumption by two-thirds compared to conventional machines
- Tsurumi Soda Co., Ltd. and Nihon Junyaku Co., Ltd. were merged into Toagosei Co., Ltd.
- The company installed an electrolysis machine using the gas diffusion electrode method at its Tokushima Plant and becomes the first in the world to commence commercial operations.
Toagosei (Thailand) Co., Ltd. was established.